Payroll Manager at Centerfield
How You'll Contribute...
- Manage the processing of semi-monthly payroll for exempt employees and weekly payroll for non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment
- Oversee the processing of bi-weekly payroll internationally
- Maintain payroll deductions, deferrals, and withholdings for all US employees
- Manage domestic and global payroll service providers
- Upload bi-weekly commission payable reports for global payroll service provider
- Maintain compliance with all relevant payroll tax laws
- Work with Accounting to ensure payroll journal entries are completed accurately
- Resolve employee inquiries and request regarding payroll matters
- Participate in payroll and benefit audits
- Create and automate all necessary payroll and management reports
- Continuous evaluation of all payroll processes for realizing maximum efficiencies
- Actively participate in payroll system projects and upgrades
- Ensure HR and payroll records remain up to date and in sync
- Manage year-end W-2, ACA, 1099, P45, P24, and other required reporting
- Ad-hoc projects, reporting and account reconciliations, and other assignments as needed to support finance and HR
What We're Looking For...
- Fundamental Payroll Certification/Certified Payroll Professional certification preferred
- 4-5 years of experience in multi-state payroll
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience working with basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience
- High attention to detail and extremely well organized
- Experience managing a remote team
- Self-starter who adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Experience with Ultimate Software and ActivPayroll
- International payroll experience
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!