Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Factual is the location data company the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies trust to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers, and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing, and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide. Factual is a fast-growing, global organization, with approximately 200+ employees worldwide.
In this role, you will be a member of the Finance and Operations Team and will assist in payroll, benefits, and immigration processing administration. This role reports to the Vice President of Finance and Operations and will partner closely with teams across the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all employee payroll, benefits, leave matters, and working with legal counsel on immigration processes
- Accurately processing payroll in ADP for 200+ employees in compliance with state and federal laws and standards
- Ensuring employee benefit inquiries and claims are handled efficiently; providing excellent customer service to the employee population
- Assisting employees with all payroll related inquiries
- Providing administrative support of ADP Time & Attendance, including day-to-day support, training, and documentation
- Creating ad-hoc reports using various data platforms
- Processing/monitoring off-cycle payments as needed
- Administering and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations applicable to employee benefit programs, Leaves of Absence, and disability accommodations, including but not limited to COBRA, ERISA, HIPPA, ACA, FMLA, FEHA/ADA, and PDL.
- Coordinating with brokers, carriers, and legal counsel to ensure benefit plan documents are up-to-date and compliant
- Ensuring that the benefits administration system is maintained accurately and providing input in system evaluation and selection; participating in any system testing, update, and implementation as necessary
- Creating retirement and benefits reporting for processing, filings, and audits
- Minimum 3+ years of payroll, benefits and leave processing experience in a high growth fast-paced industry required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now required
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and CA employment law required.
- Strong interest in the employee benefits field and emerging trends in employee benefits.
- Experience working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment essential.
- Advanced knowledge of how employee benefits and carrier feeds, function.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and high organizational skills.
- Strong software skills including MS Excel and G Suite.
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll and tax processing required.
- Experience administering state disability and paid leave benefits required.