Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us. In fact, please come help us hire amazingly talented and wonderful people so that we can realize this vision together.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Payroll and Benefits Manager to join our talented team in the Venice area. Reporting to the Accounting and Finance Manager, the Payroll and Benefits Manager will be the first HR hire and will assist in onboarding new employees as the Company grows.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and effective at managing their time. They will be comfortable working both autonomously and within a team to meet and exceed company goals. As Payroll and Benefits Manager, you’ll be the Company’s very first HR hire. You will have the opportunity to implement best practices related to the payroll and benefits function.
You likely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources, or equivalent
- Active Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation a plus
- Strong working knowledge of California, New York, and Texas labor laws, as well as state and federal payroll taxes
- 5+ years of experience in a payroll & benefits oriented HR role
- A detail-oriented and zero-defect mindset
- Unbiased professionalism in dealing with sensitive information and situations
- A general interest in mobility and people
What you will do:
- Helping onboard new employees, including explaining the various benefit options
- Conducting audits of tax forms, payroll balance sheets, and benefits
- Validating, documenting, and processing the bi-weekly multi-state payroll for over 100 employees, including payroll deductions and wage garnishments
- Managing all benefit plans, including but not limited to all health insurance and 401(k) plans
- Staying up to date on state and federal labor regulations to ensure organizational compliance
- Support hiring of new employees by creating job descriptions, scheduling interviews and performing background checks and investigating references if needed
- Maintaining hourly payroll time tracking system, updating records and running reports.
- Assisting Accounting and Finance Manager and VP of Operations as needed
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits