Manager, Workforce Planning at iHerb
The Workforce Planning Manager will build out this new function as we manage through hyper-growth. This high visibility role will initially focus on driving a company-wide project to implement the Workday Planning module along with a new approach to how we plan and manage day-to-day headcount planning. Once live, focus will shift to building long range workforce forecasts and dashboarding/analytics to support a data-driven growth model. This role is to be analytically driven, able to build strong cross-functional partnerships, and is energized by white space and the opportunity to build from the ground up.
- Working closely with the HRIS team and our implementation partners to configure, test and rollout the Workday Planning module.
- Leading our first strategic workforce planning efforts; identifying/forecasting skillset gaps, working with leaders to determine 'critical roles' and retention/attrition mitigation strategies.
- Managing day to day headcount operations, ensuring adequate req availability for recruiting and ensuring alignment between our HRIS (Workday), Finance planning software (SAP) and Applicant Tracking system (Greenhouse).
- Regularly meet with executives, managers, Finance, HR and Recruiting partners to present headcount updates. Ability not only to point out month-over-month changes but also explain “why” the changes occurred and how they affect the big picture.
- Manage headcount allocations to accelerate tech and operations growth. Primary focus is on balancing the supply & demand of headcount. This requires cross-functional collaboration with partners across Finance, Recruiting, HR, Operations and Tech teams.
- Facilitate change management and escalation process with Finance and Business counterparts for requested changes to headcount targets. Work to minimize downstream impact and communicate appropriately. Partner with the recruiting team on shifting priorities for hiring.
- Consult on best practices for workforce planning (location strategy, experience & talent mix of organization).
- Conduct workforce gap analyses and assessments to identify gap reduction strategies including an evaluation of operational effectiveness, including systems, policies, and standards; identification of defects, gaps, and areas of risk; documentation of workforce trends.
- Based on data and insights, develop and drive strategies and tactics to improve and scale our external and internal people movement practices and processes
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated workforce Planning/Management, Project/Program Management and HR Analytics experience in a fast moving business environment
- Experience leading complex cross functional projects, including change management and communications
- Experience providing data analysis, dash-boarding and reporting solutions related to Workforce Analytics, can turn data into actionable insights. Tableau/SQL skills preferred.
- Experience in Agile, Six Sigma, or Lean process capabilities preferred. Along with the ability to manage complex, ongoing tasks and projects
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and opportunities and confidence to use initiative to pursue solutions
- Thrives in a fast-changing environment, able to think big picture and also execute on a smaller scale
- Ability to collaborate and influence teams of cross-functional experts
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience building relationships in a matrixed environment
- Track record of developing and executing against multiple projects simultaneously, including identifying stakeholders, milestones, deadlines, and metrics to assess outcomes/results
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence, including the ability to message appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Workday HRIS (Workday Planning) is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Experience with Tableau/SQL, Python, R, VBA and/or similar programming language is preferred
- Generally, requires a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Workforce Planning/Management and cross-functional knowledge in Human Resources, Finance, Strategic Implementation and/or Workforce Strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Finance, Human Resources or equivalent work experience or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.