Manager Internal and Employee Communications at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:17 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
GOAT Group is hiring an Internal Communications Manager who will be responsible for leading the company’s employee communications function globally. This is an integral function within GOAT’s Communications team, with the need for additional support increasing as the company continues working remotely for the foreseeable future.
GOAT’s Communications team is responsible for the company’s corporate narrative, reputation, and brand among key stakeholders including employees, investors, business partners, consumers, industry influencers, the broader communities where we operate, and the media. Our team is passionate about GOAT’s vision, relentlessly focused on bringing our mission to life, and deploys the tools of a world-class Communications function in partnership with groups across the company. We believe Communications is a critical lever and business driver, and combine strategic creative thinking with agile tactical execution to contribute to GOAT’s success.
This person will formulate and execute a comprehensive plan and roadmap to support GOAT’s efforts to create and sustain a world-class internal culture fully aligned with the company’s values, brand, and business strategy. The goals for this role are to: bring GOAT’s employee value proposition to life through the use of innovative and impactful communications, support and increase employee engagement, establish best practices that inspire GOAT Group employees, and support the growth of the company’s business as it continues to scale. As a member of GOAT Group’s Communications team, this role will partner closely with GOAT Group’s People team, as well as work directly with the company’s executive leadership team and key functional areas of the business.
- Develop and implement an agile employee communications and engagement strategy and roadmap as part of the broader communications plan for the company
- Utilize communications to support key culture and People initiatives including but not limited to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, employee professional development, performance management processes, and other key employee-focused programs
- Oversee, reimagine and help execute employee communications channels and tools, such as recurring company-wide All Hands meetings, GOAT’s internal newsletter and other techniques
- Manage the company’s presence and narrative on key employee-centric communications channels such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor and develop employee branding opportunities to support GOAT’s recruitment and retention efforts
- Support People team with local and national community initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/PR, or related field
- 5+ years experience leading or being part of the employee communications function at other dynamic, high-growth private sector businesses
- Excellent demonstrated writing and verbal communications skills
- Strategic thinker + hands-on practitioner
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of e-commerce and digital marketplaces
- Experience supporting senior executives and a proven ability to help provide guidance and direction to peers
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description