Manager, HRBP at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity:
We believe our people are our greatest asset and therefore important to invest in. The People Business Partner team is responsible for partnering with the business on all things people - building and implementing programs that enable our people to do their best work.
We are looking for a Manager, Business Partner to support our rapidly evolving organization. In this role you will partner with a department leader to develop and lead people initiatives that are focused on elevating the employee experience in a way that aligns to business and functional goals. You will be expected to act as a thought partner to senior management to advise on all matters relating to workforce planning, job design, employee performance, engagement, and career development.
- Single point of contact and strategic thought partner to department leaders and their leadership team
- Responsible for collaborating with stakeholders on building and deploying people strategies and programs; ensure programs are working for functional teams
- Establish mechanisms and support frameworks to collect, understand, and assess feedback and engagement sentiment from individual contributors and managers
- Partner with centralized People Development to design, build and launch bespoke development opportunities
- Support managers with fostering remote culture and creating opportunities for access, visibility and exposure to senior leadership
- Support team building and bonding activities (inter-functional and cross-functional) as necessary
- Serve as point of escalation for employees to discuss workplace experience and satisfaction
- Serve as the liaison to the central support teams (People Development, Total Rewards, etc.) when designing functionally specific programs
- Facilitate and support ad hoc org design and planning efforts by sharing industry benchmarking, data and research (as needed)
- Job creation - including leveling, benchmarking, competencies and capabilities (i.e, job description creation)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate a story through data
- Excellent written/verbal communication and creative problem solving skills
- Experience in Generalist or equivalent people-focus roles
- Ability to cultivate relationships and build rapport quickly across teams
- Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusive results in their work
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative with little to no direction
- High personal integrity and strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience with Workday Core HR and Performance
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.