The SVP Global Talent Development & Inclusion for Universal Pictures has an opening for a Manager Position reporting to the department’s Director. This is a pivotal role in which the candidate will have the opportunity to contribute in the building and development of this fast-paced, rapidly growing department which is the first of its kind in film. Candidate will work closely with the Director and team in developing, maintaining and strengthening upcoming and current creative and workforce programs and initiatives; engage in diversity and inclusion practitioner strategies, internal and external partnerships and sponsorships; contributing to the department’s resources and databases; and work and interface with the various divisions under the Film Group.
Launched in 2017, Global Talent Development & Inclusion (GTDI) leads the Studio’s inclusion and diversity efforts. GTDI works closely with Universal Filmed Entertainment Group’s Production and Human Resources teams to identify and develop a pool of creative and workforce talent that builds upon the Studio’s commitment to telling stories and creating art with multicultural, global perspectives. GTDI is a resource for all divisions within the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group including Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango.
- Perform day-to-day duties in the execution of creative programs and initiatives, including but not limited to the following: Universal Writers Program (live-action, animation); Universal Directors Initiative; Universal Composer Initiative; Sundance FilmTwo-Universal Fellowship.
- Ability to develop, coordinate logistics and execute activities to enhance program curriculum
- Material review – providing notes and guidance for live-action and animation content
- Act as a mentor and coach to all current program participants and alumni to develop and create career momentum
- Participate in the execution of internal and external initiative
- Partner with NBCU pipeline talent programs and Employee Resource Groups as a means to increase diversity and inclusion within the UFEG workforce.
- Contribute and help the team maintain databases and tracking systems for female and diverse workforce and production creative talent.
- Develop and execute strategies designed to increase diversity and inclusion within production and the workforce for Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango.
- Provide diversity and inclusion related notes and/or perspective on creative content as needed.
- Creative production and workforce talent recommendations when needed
- Coordinate and participate in presentations and panel discussions promoting GTDI diversity initiatives.
- Identify suitable content and artwork for social media platforms including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Tracking UFEG related media announcements relevant to diversity and inclusion
- Respond to social media inquiries as needed.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience – film, TV, agency, studio, production company, etc.Ability to adapt, problem solve and anticipate potential needs in a very fast-paced environment while managing a heavy workload
- Understanding of creative filmmaking process including analysis of directing and writing for live-action and animation
- Familiarity and relationships with creative and production talent, including but not limited to live-action and animation writers; directors; composers; and below-the-line crew
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and successfully interact with senior leadership and staff at all levels
- Knowledge of the film studio system, Universal Studios’ senior leadership and key players in the film industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and PDFs
- Must be available to work extended hour or travel if needed.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Possesses a collaborative team-player mentality
- Highly detail-oriented paying meticulous attention to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
- Adept at multi-tasking , effectively prioritizing work assignments, and demonstrating a sense of urgency when needed
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity to excel in a constantly evolving department
- Proactive and resourceful problem-solver
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and/or relationships with feature film writers, directors and producers.
- Strong relationships with agent and management representation.
- Proactive in keeping abreast of industry developments/trends and company news as it relates to film production as well as inclusivity