Manager, Global Fulfillment
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do
- Build and manage a team of Fulfillment Sr Associates and Associates across all Bird regions
- Source and manage the relationships with our fulfillment facility operators, driving continuous improvement to quality, cost, and delivery
- Develop the strategy and buildout of Bird’s inventory fulfillment and warehousing network to support global operations
- Ensure inventory levels are accurately tracked and maintained at planned levels across the global networkLead implementation of best-in-class IMS/ERP systems Identify and initiate process improvements to improve visibility across supply chain
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to provide a decision framework to assess spend needsMaximize cost savings and value creation with partners to improve Bird's profitability
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or discipline in a quantitative field
- 8+ years of work experience with at least 3 years of people management
- A strong team player capable of building relationships at all levels within the internal organization and external partners
- Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills - knowledge of Excel a must, SQL and Tableau a bonus
- Experience designing/redesigning supply chain processes and programs from the ground up In-depth experience managing and working with fulfillment centers
- Experience implementing IMS and ERP systems
- Knowledge of product import and export regulations including customs, duties and taxes
- Extensive background leading teams and managing vendors
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description