Manager, Employment Experience
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Employment Experience (EE) Manager will work independently and in conjunction with the ExecutiveDirector of Employment Experience and the EE team as the business partner to a specific client group,responsible for providing strategic support, partnering on long-term vision and coaching business leaders.The Manager will partner with their client group to identify and address needs within the business in orderto develop action plans. Ultimately, the Manager is responsible for connecting the business and talentstrategies in order to promote engagement and boost the culture of growth and development within thecompany. In addition, in this role the Manager will support the Learning & Organization Development(L&OD) function within the Employment Experience team. The manager will partner in the creation andimplementation of the companywide L&OD strategy focused on driving company goals and supporting thegrowth and development of leaders, teams and individuals.
What You’ll Do:
- Business Partner:
- Drives the implementation of talent strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities.
- Provides guidance to business leaders and management team members on specific employee interactions (coaching, counseling, career development conversations and disciplinary actions).
- Manage employee relations issues in conjunction Executive Director of Employment Experience and Legal department.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with other Employment Experience leaders to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provide guidance and input on department restructures, workforce planning,succession planning
- Identify training needs and development opportunities for departments, teams and individuals.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives;
- Lead organization design activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands in conjunction with Learning & Organization Development Team;
- Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolutionof the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time
- Learning & Organization Development:
- Build innovative programs designed to engage employees and elevate development throughout the organization
- Partner to oversee on-going company-wide development offerings including initial needs analysis, creation of materials and facilitation.
- Support the on-going evolution and implementation of performance management processes.
- Lead the onboarding and orientation for employees joining the company.
- Oversee workforce analytics including the administration and analysis of full employee lifecycle surveys, discovering and sharing meaningful insights to drive business initiatives.
- Manage the company-wide internal employee communications channels includingorganization of information and creation of material.
What You Need:
- 5-7 Years of HR Generalist or related experience, ideally in a multi-functional, multi-line of business organization;
- Experience and passion for learning, career development, organization development and talent management.
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies;
- Relevant experience developing organization design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives;
- Exceptional client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance;
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with businessleaders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change;
- Flexible in style and approach with ability to thrive within ambiguity
- Comfort with public speaking and facilitation
- Degree with emphasis Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Businesspreferred
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.