Manager, Employee Relations & HR Compliance at Snap Inc. (Greater LA Area, CA)
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company's three core products are Snapchat , a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio , an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles .
The People Team drives our values of being kind, smart and creative across Snap's global workforce. We work together to empower our teams to hire thoughtful and passionate innovators, help people do their best work, grow their careers and build healthy and productive workspaces in a safe, and cohesive community. Together, we are Talent, Total Rewards, IDEA, HR Tech, People Analytics, People Operations, People Services, Council, and Employee Relations.
We're looking for a Manager, Employee Relations & HR Compliance to join Snap Inc! As a member of the People team, you will provide HR Compliance and Employee Relations support for our team members in the Americas.
This role will also support projects and programs relating to diversity & inclusion, HR policies, employee relations, and team member engagement. Working from one of our offices, you will collaborate with team members across the People, Legal, and Integrity & Compliance teams and report to the Head of Employee Relations & HR Compliance.
What you'll do:
- Ensure compliance with OFCCP requirements and develop strategies to promote diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities
- Manage reasonable accommodation process for employees and applicants ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Handle regulatory reporting requirements related to employment and workforce data including EEO-1, California pay equity, and other mandated reports
- Create, implement, and oversee various HR Compliance and employment policies and processes, including creating communications, training materials, and other change management mechanisms to educate stakeholders on new and revised policies, processes, and programs
- Oversee mandatory harassment training programs, ensuring all employees receive appropriate training, and monitor the effectiveness of the programs
- Conduct regular internal HR audits to identify areas of improvement, ensure adherence to policies, and mitigate compliance risks
- Conduct thorough and sensitive investigations into employee complaints, allegations of misconduct, or policy violations, maintaining confidentiality and impartiality throughout the process.
- Act as a consultant to HRBPs and HR COEs providing guidance on employee relations and HR compliance issues
- Stay up to date with labor laws, employment regulations, and industry best practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A demonstrable track record of managing OFCCP compliance, HR Compliance, and reasonable accommodations
- Subject matter expertise in regulatory areas and experience working with the various laws that impact HR, including OFCCP obligations
- Experience working with a global company and exposure to international HR compliance
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement mindset to improve company's efforts to mitigate risk and increase efficiency
- Ability to ensure compliance while also maintaining company culture
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional team skills, with demonstrable track record to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proven program and project management skills
- Excellent writing, presentation, and training skills
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in HR Compliance or employment and labor law
- Masters/PHR or a JD
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC) : The base salary range for this position is $145,000 - $210,000 annually
- Zone B : The base salary range for this position is $138,000 - $200,000 annually
- Zone C : The base salary range for this position is $123,000 - $179,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs.
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected] .