Learning & Development Specialist at Scorpion
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:02 p.m. (PST) on Monday, May 4, 2020
The Learning & Development department exists at Scorpion to identify knowledge and skill gaps and provide learning and training opportunities that engage learners and assist in closing those gaps. This occurs through new hire orientation, Scorpion University courses, department & vertical training, and reactive one-off skill-oriented training. The end goal of the department is to help ensure each Scorpion is competent, confident and content in their role.
Your role as a Learning and Development Specialist is to approach learning needs across various teams, departments and the company as a whole with a strategic mindset and problem-solving mentality. Additionally, you will determine the most effective instructional methods and tools to accomplish training objectives while managing the vision, development, and facilitation of each project.
- Collaborate with leaders, L&D Directors and SME’s to identify needs to develop and implement training solutions.
- Manage the scheduling of training and courses.
- Assist in the creation of design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria.
- Keen to evaluate content and assess what to include and exclude.
- Organizes and assists in developing learning manuals, pre-work, and learning activities.
- Administer course surveys and analyze survey feedback.
- Make revisions to improve content effectiveness and drive learning objectives.
- Uploads new courses and curates content for the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Manage and administer individual e-learning courses to Scorpions interested in leveling up specific skills.
- Stays current on the latest training and development methods and technologies.
- Moderate and facilitate learning sessions and webinars.
- 1-3 years’ experience (Preferably in a Learning role).
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferably in a relevant field such as Organizational Development, Organization Behavior, Learning, Instructional Design, Communications).
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods including understanding of training trends and best practices.
- Experience facilitating in-person training sessions.
- Demonstrates high energy and self-starter qualities.
- Excellent collaboration, problem-solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize projects and manage time effectively.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (i.e. eLearning systems).
- A creative perspective and an eye for detail.
- Models the Scorpion culture.
- Strong tactical, yet strategic thinking skills always looking to introduce improvements and efficiencies to internal processes.
- Strong networking & relationship building skills with all employees and department leaders.
- Quickly adapt to changing environments.
- Proficiency in G-Suite as well as Microsoft Office 365 programs- to assist in creation, formatting and editing presentations and other documents.
- Knowledge of learning & development best practices and technologies, including instructional design concepts.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Public speaking skills are a must – comfortable moderating discussions either in-person or via web conference.
- Tech-Savvy / Ability to learn new systems.
Read Full Job Description