About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
Effectively strengthen and grow the NEXT development culture and internal talent pool through the implementation, delivery and support of development related activities. The role encompasses all training coordination, design, delivery, consultation and follow-up regarding development plans, performance and professional education and coaching. Ultimately responsible for the identification, development and communication of learning strategies for the Company.
What You'll Do:
- Actively assist in the communication, alignment and implementation of learning and development related initiatives across the Company, in support of NEXT business goals and strategic objectives.
- Establish strong partnership with key business stakeholders to continuously remain aligned with current business issues and opportunities, as related to learning and development.
- Assess development needs and work with department managers and team(s) to arrange training in areas ranging from supervisory/management skills to professional development, as required to fill identified needs.
- Review and revise course materials to remain current with operating processes, procedures and systems.
- Ensure program effectiveness through in class and floor observation.
- Serve as consultant to the Senior Management team on development and execution of training ensuring highest quality of instructional design and delivery.
- Ensure delivery/coordination, and facilitation of an effective induction on-boarding program to support retention of new talent and encourage a smooth transition into the business.
- Identify individual coaching and developmental needs of management team members Implement strategy and tools to address those needs, for e.g., conducting advanced coaching and mentoring training.
- Management and Leadership Coaching of identified individuals.
- Assist with other duties as needed.
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Human Resources or Learning & Development; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in Training and development
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to work with all levels of personnel both within and outside of organization.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity of application of coaching strategies.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary + commission
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry