Learning & Development Manager
Greater LA Area
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $800B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating a platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process.
NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20+ years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised a total of $125M from investors like Sequoia and Brookfield. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Apple, CH Robinson, Google, Salesforce, Snap, and Uber. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.
About The Role:
We are looking for a creative, influential, people-centric L&D Manager to join our team and take our incredible employees to the NEXT level. You are an experienced, hands-on learning & development professional with proven success and the innate ability to build culture and engagement as well as develop programs and content that will resonate with all employees. You are passionate about helping people learn and grow.
As the first L&D member of the organization, you will create the employee development strategy from scratch to drive culture and meet programming, curriculum, and training opportunities. If you are someone who thrives in ambiguous environments and loves building from the ground up, this is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Design and deliver an employee development strategy that incorporates ongoing assessment, change management methodologies, learning technologies, tracking and evaluative measures
- Consult with Executive team, HR team and business leaders to successfully build culture and facilitate employee engagement through the introduction and integration of company mission/vision and values
- Establish, implement, and manage training schedules and calendars for technical and soft-skill employee development, safety programming, new hire onboarding, leadership development, diversity and inclusion and general employee engagement programs aligned with business needs and priorities
- Design and develop training content and materials that incorporate adult learning and instructional design principles
- Develop job aides and support materials to reinforce learning objectives and employee capabilities
- Ensure diversity of delivery methods, including in-person, bilingual options, webinars, eLearning, podcasts, cohort programs, etc., to meet the diverse learning needs of our employees
- Identify and engage external consultants/vendors as needed, including directing and monitoring their work
This role will report directly to the VP of People.
What You’ll Do
- Design e-learning courses, career/contingency plans, workshops and more
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to identify training needs
- Create a framework to scale training programs as the organization grows
- Define and communicate KPIs to measure the overall success of the programs and identify opportunities for continuous improvement based on company needs and feedback
- Partner with internal SMEs to effectively create and facilitate content
- Conduct seminars, workshops, or individual training sessions as needed
- Create, design, and implement the following employee programs:
- New hire onboarding for the first 90 days
- Employee lifecycle
- Reward and Recognition
- Culture building/employee activities
- Training and safety
- Internal mobility
- Internship program
- Support growth of leadership development programming, including sourcing custom programs as needed
- Support managers in the development of their team members through career pathing and contingency planning
What You’ll Have
- 5+ years proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager, Organizational Development or similar field
- Ability to apply adult learning principles to effectively engage an audience with impactful facilitation
- Superior writing and presentation design and delivery ability, utilizing a variety of mediums
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and best practices
- Ability to measure individual and organizational learning, KPIs, and ROI
- Ability to facilitate engaging training sessions for groups of varied skill levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high emotional intelligence, and executive presence
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Ability to build rapport, develop, and maintain professional relationships across the business and with vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Organizational Behavior, or a related field
- Professional certification a plus
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Casual work environment
- Flex hours (we know SoCal traffic)
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- The ability to be a part of a fast-paced growing company where you can build from the ground up
- An opportunity to join a company that is disrupting an old school industry and continue to make it successful
- Career growth!
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description