Learning and Development Manager
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Work with the managers and leaders to plan and build out an L&D strategy for Headspace.
- Build and deliver creative, on-brand and engaging training for our geographically diverse workforce.
- Act as coach, mentor, strategist, trusted advisor, and expert on matters related to L&D.
- Work with external coaches and trainers to deliver on-site training for our team.
- Build creative ways to deliver e-learning in order to build out a continuous culture of learning at Headspace.
- Manage our internal learning resources / tools and keep these up to date with exciting and relevant materials.
- Plan, manage and deliver 360 Feedback cycles for the entire organization.
- Develop and assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts when required.
- Help to build a strong layer of people managers that will streamline decision-making, increase empowerment and enhance innovation within the broader employee base.
- Identify, develop and implement trainings that will enable employees to maximize their abilities; and teach them new ways of approaching problem solving as well as interpersonal dynamics.
- Ensure our training reflects our Headspace values and incorporates meditation when possible.
- Display authentic expertise by tying in science to trainings.
- Maintain a playful and engaging approach to training (as we do in our product).
- Foster an environment where conversations around Diversity & Inclusion are frequent and productive; develop and incentivize norms and behaviours that promote D&I to our employee base; work with Talent team to expand our community outreach efforts.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Have a clear and contagious passion for helping people learn and grow.
- 3-5 years (+) of experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar.
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Experience in project management and budgeting.
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors.
- BS/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and rapid changes.
- Strong collaboration skills to help teams achieve their goals and ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
How to get started: If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.