Lead HR Business Partner
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
Expertly balancing our business needs with a “people first” approach, the Lead HR Business Partner will help drive people practices for BCGDV North America. They’ll work in partnership with an interdisciplinary global HR team, blending 'hands-on' day-to-day operational human resources work with strategic consulting.
- Act as a strategic people consultant accountable for multiple teams across North America. Align DV commercial objectives with people priorities, in partnership with leadership
- Advise and coach line managers on people issues including strategic workforce planning, change management, performance management (annual performance processes, performance issues, grievance and disciplinary process, terminations), key selection decisions, and compensation programs
- Provide hands-on team support, including responding to emergencies, and leverage broader DV resources to implement HR initiatives
- Collaborate with other HR Business Partners, People Development, People Operations, L&D, and Recruiting to ensure cross-utilization of information and implement solutions for a scaling business
- Build relationships with every level of talent, through business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching
- Proactively assess cohort (“department”), team, manager, and employee development needs. Make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions
- Leverage available data, along with talent and market acumen, to inform compensation, engagement, and L&D strategies
- Partner with staffing to design development opportunities for employees while meeting commercial needs of ventures and the overall DV business
- Communicate company-wide programs and initiatives. Develop change management plans with leadership and engaging in 2-way feedback with partners, leadership, and employees
- Sponsor and facilitate agency culture initiatives and events
- Manage special projects as assigned, potentially including but not limited to mobility, diversity, equity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility, or talent management
You should have:
- Undergraduate degree in HR, business or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience in an HR Business Partner or equivalent role
- Communication, data analysis, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork, and leadership experience
- Demonstrated situational flexibility and strong leadership skills
- At least 2+ years' experience in a digital/tech company or professional services company (at least 200 employees)
- Passion and drive for technology, and desire to remain current with digital trends and topics
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.