Human Resources Generalist at FIGS
FIGS is seeking a talented and driven Human Resources Generalist to join our People Team! The HR Generalist will consult in all aspects of human resources, including employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, compliance, training, learning & development, and leaves of absence. We are looking for an experienced people advocate with a culture-driven mindset that fosters a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
- Establish and manage key organizational relationships, understanding the business as a trusted advisor. Proactively offer solutions regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution with insightful data to guide decision-making.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: performance management, coaching, employee relations, and learning and development. Partner with managers on performance management and mentoring conversations.
- Serve as a critical connection to our amazing team members - answer questions, and help employees navigate all aspects of HR.
- Work alongside our People Team to deliver programs and processes related to workforce planning, employee engagement, performance reviews, promotion process, talent development, and overall talent management.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the People Team and organization as a whole and to improve the employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Run ad-hoc and regular reporting (headcount, terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.) and maintain digital files for employees and their documents, benefits, and attendance records
- Assist in creating and maintaining employee directory, organizational chart, and participate in the development of policies.
- Manage and execute the onboarding, off-boarding, leaves of absence, and workers’ comp processes, including system changes and paperwork.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar position within human resources
- Knowledge of federal and California and federal employment laws, labor laws, and regulations
- Familiarity with ADP system and Greenhouse ATS systems preferred
- Proficient computer skills, Google Suite and Microsoft Office a plus
- Ability to communicate difficult information in a way that preserves dignity and respect for individuals
- Culture-driven with a passion for creating and maintaining an inclusive, diverse and empathetic work environment
- High level of interpersonal skills, integrity, and the ability to keep the information confidential.
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.