Human Resources Associate
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense — a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Human Resources Associate to join our People team and help support our rapidly growing, and geographically dispersed, business. This position will help provide a variety of HR services across the business, with a particular focus on Employee Relations and Benefits administration. This role works cross-functionally across the business and will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with our executive team.
What you'll do:
- Provide HR support to the business, advising first-line and first-time managers on performance management, basic employee relations, policies, and other HR-related topics
- Partner with People Assistants in onboarding new team members and getting them up to speed with payroll and benefits, policies, procedures and Clutter culture
- Liaise directly with employees and managers regarding general HR queries
- Manage benefits administration, including researching and making recommendations about benefits offerings and leading coordination from implementation through Open Enrollment
- Facilitate worker's compensation administration and unemployment benefits claims
- Identify and execute on continuous strategic improvement of Clutter’s HR programs and processes to improve the overall employee and manager experience
- Assist in policy implementation and roll out of new processes to ensure as positive an experience as possible for employees and managers
- Act as a cultural champion for the business and strive to uphold company values
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, HR Administration, or a related field preferred)
- 2-3 years of work experience in HR or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.