Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an HR Generalist to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the HR team, you will support the People team’s strategy to help retain and grow best-in-class talent and provide employees with a great working experience. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across the US and will have touch points with our international teams as well.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a point of contact to local team members, answering questions and helping employees navigate all aspects of HR
- Partner with and support HR Business Partners working with our Content, Communications and Marketing teams
- Partner with satellite offices to intake employee relations topics and development needs
- Support global promotion process, headcount planning, and talent reviews
- Partner with managers to create job descriptions
- Administer employee changes and employee leaves
- Partner with office management in coordination of events, activities, and training logistics
- Administer internal HR documentation, including transfer/promotion letters and immigration postings
- Assist with employee relations topics
- Remain up-to-date on local employment legislation and compliance
- Model and reinforce our cultural values of being kind, smart, and creative
- Learn to provide counsel and guidance on employee management and development
- 3+ years of experience in human resources
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven performance in supporting an HR agenda, employee relation topics, and culture building initiatives
- An innovative problem solver who is proactive and likes to get things done
- Strong interpersonal skills, good intuition, and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Confidentiality is not an issue for you; you know what you can say, when you can say it, and whom you can say it to
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks at once, and strong attention to detail is required
- Proficiency in Mac and Google applications, especially with Sheets, Slides, and Docs
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].