Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Pluto TV is searching for a new member of their HR team who will bring their prior experience in startups
to support a growing global team. The HR Generalist plays a critical role in the day-to-day people
operations as well the employee lifecycle. From building and implementing a stellar onboarding program,
to handling HR compliance and benefits administration, you will help ensure an engaging and rewarding
employee experience. The role will report to the Director of Human Resources.
The ideal candidate is seeking an opportunity to broaden their skills in several areas of HR, including
people operations, immigration, and employee engagement. If you find joy in helping others, like the
challenge of wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment, and don't mind listening to the occasional
'80s playlist, then apply today!
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
● Act as first point of contact for general HR-related employee questions
● Handle all on-boarding activities, including pre-hire employee communication, background
checks, data entry into Pluto systems, and first day orientation
● Oversee new hire benefit enrollment and process Qualifying Events in online benefits tool
● Partner closely with attorney to handle all immigration matters in a timely manner
● Audit monthly benefit carrier invoices for accuracy and submit for timely payment
● Coordinate and hold employee exits, sharing trends and action plans with Director of HR to
proactively prevent regrettable attrition
● Ensure Pluto TV remains compliant with all required notices and state / federal submissions
● Facilitate leaves of absence in compliance with state and local laws
● Help plan and execute employee events that encourage team building and FUN
● Coordinate weekly company wide meetings
● Other duties as assigned
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this
● 3+ years HR experience, ideally in a start-up environment
● Proven ability to successfully onboard new hires and support employees throughout the
● Experience administering benefits and leaves of absence; immigration experience is a plus
● Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
● Solid organizational skills with the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
● Successfully interacts with professionals at all levels
● Capable of maintaining confidential information and matters with discretion
● Thrive in a fast-paced environment where agility is required
● Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.