Head of Total Rewards at Zwift
We have a fantastic opportunity on our People team for the position of Head of Total Rewards. Here at Zwift we realize our people drive our company’s success and this critical role will create a total rewards strategy that matches the value we place on our employees. This is a newly created global position in which you will be a key member of the People Leadership team, reporting to our Chief People Officer.
This leader will ensure our global total rewards strategy evolves as our business continues to shift and change. You’re motivated by building, creating, implementing and maturing programs, policies and procedures to support a dynamic growth business. You can also demonstrate balancing the practical, operational and tactical elements to get things done. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and be driven to do what it takes to contribute in a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
You are a seasoned Compensation and Benefits professional and are well versed and highly capable of anticipating, defining and implementing the right total rewards solutions for our people around the globe.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH.
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and execute a comprehensive global total rewards strategy that aligns with our culture and business strategy and allows us to attract, retain, and motivate top talent
- Lead strategic projects including building out our global compensation strategy and framework
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of compensation tools and systems that will allow us to scale
- Develop and manage our global benefits programs
- Create scalable processes and programs that support our business objectives while continuing to deliver an incredible employee experience
- Establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics. Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with leadership as well as a broad range of cross-functional and global teams
- Enjoy being hands on although you will also manage a small but mighty team
- Lead annual strategic planning, in partnership with Finance, on company-wide reward programs and budgets
- Analyze compensation and benefits practices in relation to all of our global markets and propose changes to remain competitive
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by keeping abreast of existing and new legislation. Ensure adherence to requirements and advise leadership on needed actions
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs
- Own and/or assist with a variety of People & Culture projects and workflow process improvements
- Solid understanding of small company dynamics which includes being able to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, adaptability and flexibility
- Partner with business partners to ensure our programs align with our strategic objectives and support our culture
- Strong problem solving skills and business acumen. There is a lot of work ahead and we need someone who excels at building something from nothing, but is strategic at the same time
- Motivated by building, creating, implementing and maturing programs, policies and procedures to support a dynamic growth business. You can also demonstrate balancing the practical, operational and tactical elements to get things done
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing compensation and benefits programs, and experience with rapidly growing, global tech companies needing flexible solutions
- Management and development of teams for 4+ years
- Experience building and implementing comprehensive global compensation and benefits programs
- Enthusiastic and comfortable about working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to drive consensus and engagement across a wide variety of stakeholders in multiple parts of the business
- Data-driven with a strong ability to analyze data, turning data into insights and action plans aligned with company goals
- Excellent business acumen, strong strategic planning, and analytical skills allowing data to be leveraged to make recommendations and decisions
- Strong knowledge of global employment laws (federal, state and local as required)
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence both internally and externally
- Prior experience designing flexible benefits plans a plus
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- IPO experience a plus
Of course we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.