Head of People Operations at Within
- Founded by Chris Milk and Aaron Koblin with the goal of expanding the potential of immersive human experiences using virtual and augmented reality.
- Created and distributed premium augmented reality and virtual reality experiences through the Within VR app, and the AR children's reading iOS app Wonderscope.
- Now working on a new initiative to reinvent the fitness and wellness space. Yes we know that sounds out of character but trust us it’s amazing.
At Within, we build products that give the feeling in our users of Joy, Awe, and Wonder. Virtual reality is a unique medium that is able to achieve this like no other previous technology.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT
We're not solving a small problem. More than half of the country is obese. We think we have a way to help people get off the couch and live happier and healthier lives.
At Within, you will have a massive impact. As a leader of the People Operations team, you will personally shepherd the team that reinvents fitness and wellness.DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
As Within's Head of People Operations, you are joining as part of the senior leadership team. We've spearheaded disruptive products and projects at Google, Activision, Zynga, and more. Our investors include Andreesen Horowitz, Temasek, Laurene Powell-Jobs Emerson collective, WPP, 21st Century Fox (Disney), Live Nation, and more.
We're taking a huge step and building a consumer brand. We plan to do the best work of our lives and we hope you do too.ROLE
- Build and run the People strategy (Recruitment, HR Operations, Development, Retainment, Culture) for your teams and liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure best-in-class execution.
- Partner with your clients and members of the People Operation team to run all key people processes (performance management, compensation, training & development programs, facilities, events, etc). Be a strategic and trusted advisor to the business that you support, a key part of the business leadership team.
- Make the outstanding leaders you support even better, every day, through providing guidance and coaching.
- Ensure a happy workforce, free to focus on what they do best, through providing any needed People & Culture support to your group, such as swift and effective resolutions to questions and issues.
- Roll out processes including performance management, recruitment, benefits and perks, employee feedback, retention, key employee metrics and more.
- Coach employees to assist them in their development, career planning and resolving challenges.
- Build compliance into all we do, including maintaining in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, and reducing legal risks.
- Partner with recruiting on the creation of new roles, delivering a quality recruiting strategy for both internal and external candidates, interview key talent where needed and partner with recruiting and compensation specialist to create offer packages.
- Help foster a culturally rich and diverse workplace.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of People / HR experience. BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Solutions-driven: You believe there’s a way you can solve any challenge. You understand and are energized by the impact of ensuring employee needs are constantly met. You take pride in delivering timely and thorough service and outstanding follow-up.
- Integrity: You understand how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Agile: You’re an expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing and ensuring all needs are met. You keep calm even when there’s a lot to do.
- Talented: You are a true strategist and have superior verbal and written communication skills, representing us well in all you do.
- Empathetic and engaging: You connect well with employees and understand their needs. You have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Relationship Builder: You excel at forming strong partnerships with people managers and interviewers. You establish trust and build relationships. You regularly connect with people from all walks of life.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Building a culture of diversity and inclusion is not an afterthought. You champion these values from the start.
- Community Builder: You enjoy expanding your network, attending events, and being the face of your company. You organize events for the community, such as talks, meetups, and dinners.
- Effective Communicator: You are well spoken and articulate, and your written communication is diligent and clear.
- Highly Organized: You can juggle and coordinate multiple activities and opportunities.
- Tenacious: You are boundlessly optimistic, and setbacks do not slow you down.
- Delight Focused: You go the extra mile for candidates and for your team. You're always thinking of new ways to put smiles on peoples' faces.
- Location: Los Angeles (Culver City)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Catered lunch (2x per week)
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
At Within, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.