Head of People Operations
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a senior HR leader to oversee the People Ops team at Clutter. This individual will be expected to identify key human resources issues for our growing, diverse and geographically dispersed workforce, outline strategic solutions and recommend action plans to the Exec Team to improve business results. Key areas of focus will include Employee Relations, Benefits, Compensation and HRIS. The ideal candidate is change agile, able to work on multiple priorities simultaneously and able to influence others without direct reporting lines. This individual will manage a team of 6+ and report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop a team of approximately 6-7 HR professionals serving 1000+ full-time and part-time employees (salaried + hourly) across multiple locations that flexes up to 1,400+ workers during the peak months
- Provide strategic direction and guidance on complex employee relations issues, organizational structure, workforce planning, employee engagement, communication and other HR initiatives
- Use data to identify trends and areas of concern and to monitor progress of remedial actions
- Keep current with changes in employment law and trends in all relevant states and regions, and enforce compliance with company policies
- Provide change management and leadership to introduce new and impactful HR initiatives and changes, often working in close partnership with other functional leaders
- Design and quickly implement solutions, policies, or practices that cut across multiple disciplines and stakeholders to achieve company goals without sacrificing compliance or company culture
- Participate in developing and executing the compensation strategy, job leveling and competitive market data planning
- Define the strategy, design and execution of a HR Systems organization and systems roadmap
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree in Human Resources strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 5+ years of experience in a Human Resources leadership role
- Experience personally handling a wide variety of complex employee relations issues
- Experience working with executive-level leadership
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team
- History of success innovating, leading, and managing the execution of projects
- Superior project management and process improvement skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting abilities
- Comfortable working with data and HRIS systems
- Experience working in labor laws in California + other states
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate empathy
- Comfortable pushing back on senior leadership and challenging the status quo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent at managing time and prioritizing work
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.