Global Head of Talent Acquisition at Tala
At Tala, we are connecting millions of people to the financial services they deserve. We're a thriving team and we are looking for an exceptionally capable Head of Global Talent Acquisition. Tala’s mission of providing financial access, choice, and control to underserved people around the world relies on our foundation of extraordinary talent and unbeatable company culture. Hiring top talent globally in emerging markets and in LA is no easy task, but we have a creative and dedicated team who has helped Tala scale to over 500 Talazens in 5 countries over the past 6 years.
As the senior leader for Talent Acquisition, you will shape and lead Tala’s talent acquisition strategy. You are someone who thrives on building communities, networks, and teams of people committed to our mission of financial inclusion. You naturally project positive energy and go out of your way to build relationships with all partners. You’re a solutions-oriented problem solver, able to both identify potential problems and recommend practical solutions by delivering high quality, consistent metrics to leaders. Lastly, you are able to maneuver seamlessly through strategic, operational, and tactical work and be hands-on in implementing strategic talent acquisition solutions that will enable Tala to recruit and retain top industry talent globally.About you:
- You elevate others to excellence – you have experience coaching and developing a global team and leading through vision and values.
- You can juggle a lot. You will carry your own requisitions while leading strategy.
- Your curiosity leads you to unexpected places - you are continuously scanning the world for strategic context and inspiration that fuels our strategy and leads you to make connections that advance our strategy.
- You are an experimenter – Status quo is not the way you roll. Growth mindset, strategic agility, driving innovation, learning quickly, and pushing for what’s possible is your norm.
- You create community – you embrace the power of storytelling and can use social media to create communities of people who want to be part of our movement.
- You are accountable – to our candidates, to our leaders, and to our brand. You have no problem advocating for candidate experience to senior leaders - every candidate is a customer.
- You know your stuff – You can get going quickly in order to effectively support your client groups tactically and strategically. You establish and evolve performance metrics that inform where we shine and where we have opportunity to improve.
- Our mission fuels you – You have an authentic connection to our brand and our mission that helps you advance our culture.
Lead and Shape Strategy
- Develop and execute brand talent acquisition strategies and approaches in partnership with our Brand and Communications Team, Chief People Officer, People Business Partners, Global Talent Acquisition Partners and Leadership Team
- Build effective pipeline and sourcing strategy using a combination of talent branding, external search, direct sourcing, online postings, referrals, social media, internal talent mining and other relevant methods
- Understand global market drivers and challenges to identify new talent pools
- Responsible for effective execution and managing end to end recruiting process to achieve or exceed service level standards.
- Manage and lead HQ and global recruiting teams. Holds team accountable for performance measured both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Seeks out and demonstrates industry & competitor and other business trends to ensure we stay ahead of the competition
- Develop, track, and analyze TA metrics globally in order to implement continuous improvement of strategies and processes.
- Develop and implement workforce plans, refine hiring forecasting capabilities, and establish and report on compensation strategy based on market trends.
- Create an environment where there is shared ownership with leadership around building a culture of hiring company-wide in support of achieving our business objectives
- Develop leadership capability around developing buy/build plans
- Find opportunities for senior leaders to actively connect with talent, speak at events and promote Tala’s mission in targeted and strategic ways
- Provide direction, consultation and education to hiring managers on hiring process and methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic workforce planning and delivering highly-impactful TA results in a fast paced, high dynamic environment.
- At least 7-10 years of global talent acquisition experience in a growth organization.
- At least 5 years of managing a team of talent acquisition professionals (with a preference for having managed remote teams in emerging markets).
- At least 3 years of managing complex vendor relationships within the temporary/contingent/executive staffing space.
- Solid analytical skills, with a keen eye for metrics, data and reporting. Familiarity with ATS systems.
- Experience contributing to employer branding programs.
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.