Director, Talent Relations at Warner Bros. Discovery (Greater LA Area, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Director of Talent Relations oversees the development and management of DC's freelance talent. This role serves as a bridge between talent and all business-related departments within the company (such as Business Affairs, Legal, Publicity, Royalties, etc.) The Director also manages logistics for talent-centric DC events, including creative summits and social events.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Responsible for all non-editorial related communications and outreach to DC's freelance talent pool such as company news, updates to policies and procedures, requests for information, workload status checks, deadline reviews, payments, etc.
- Serves as the company ombudsman for fielding, researching, and answering talent questions or concerns as they arise.
- Works with the VP, Editorial Programming & Talent Strategy on the management of talent page rates and monitors the workload and delivery of all contracted talent.
- Oversees the logistical management and budget of company sponsored talent related events and special projects, including summits, conventions, hospitality suites, book tours, etc.
- Supervises the day-to-day administrative talent relations activities such as talent set-up, independent contractor approvals, delivery of service comp, and company sponsored talent travel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience managing creative talent required.
- Five (5) years of experience managing a client service focused team strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully (both verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to organize and pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and project elements simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle the logistical management of large-scope projects.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Familiarity with NAV (Navision) software is a plus.
- Experience building presentations with Keynote and/or PowerPoint is a plus.
- Must be able to travel approximately 10% of the time.
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $83,090.00 - $154,310.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].