Director, Learning & Development at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Are you a dynamic and engaging speaker in front of small and large groups? Do you understand what it takes to be a great leader and business partner? Have you coached people to overcome obstacles and to be their best? Do you have experience in designing and implementing employee development programs and training? Do you have the ability to be a one person team juggling all aspects of delivering L&D excellence (with a shared resource)? Can you walk the line between internal OD consultant, expert facilitator, content developer, coach, talent program owner and tight partner and collaborator with HR business partners?
In this role, you will be responsible for partnering and strategizing very closely with HR leaders and business clients, building, evolving and running employee, leadership and organizational development programs from soup to nut! This will include designing, developing, coordinating and facilitating training content, and facilitating a variety of workshops and team building for our teams to help drive an honest and high performing growth culture and organization. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves very high as both the L&D strategic thinker and tactical doer.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Conduct needs assessments and analyze data to form talent and organizational development recommendations and to inform the evolution of talent, organizational and training programs
- Design, develop, market, facilitate and continue to evolve and evaluate leadership and employee professional development workshops and programs. This includes but is not limited to our:
- New Hire Orientation & Business Education
- Management and leadership development programs
- Employee professional development workshops and lunch & learns
- Mentoring and Buddy programs
- Performance management training and program
- Own and lead other various leadership and professional development training and programs, e.g. emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, communication skills, and effective feedback
- Administer participant 360's (and potentially other assessments), compile reports, and partner with client leaders and key employees offering coaching to implement new leadership and professional behaviors
- Track, maintain, evaluate and report training statistics and coaching progress; provide recommendations for program improvements
- Assist shared coordinator with program logistics, as needed, given small team size
- In partnership or coordination with HR Business partners, lead or help facilitate other leader and employee development programs and team building sessions/off-sites
- Act as an internal coach to managers and employees
- Act as a SME for the HR team and as a partner of theirs to be leveraged, in such areas as change management, organizational design, and action planning against employee survey results
- Thought partner to the CHRO
- Member of the HR leadership team in helping drive the vision of becoming a great place to work
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- B.A Degree required, advanced degree preferred in psychology, organizational development, or coaching
- At least 10 years of experience in L&D/training/professional development function
- At least 5 years experience in running L&D or as a leader/manager in the function
- Exceptional and engaging presentation and coaching skills; the ability to flex style across different audiences and levels
- 360 degree survey experience (from assessment tools, to report reading and coaching)
- Self-starter with a proven ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proactive with a high level of initiative and self-direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees
- Open to rolling up their sleeves to ensure programs and related activities are flawless
- Solution-oriented and walks the talk
- Stays abreast of current and around the corner OD, talent development, leadership and coaching practices and trends through industry, conferences, networking events and certifications/classes
- Demonstrated ability to make training programs entertaining, exciting, and engaging
- Strong and expected collaboration, coordination and partnership skills
- Additional core competencies in consulting, leadership, strategic thinking, influencing, change management, integrity, and customer focus.
- The ability to travel up to 15% of the year to visit remote offices, attend/lead off-sites, and internal conferences
- MBTI, Crucial Conversations, Coaching and Situational Leadership certified
- Captivate, Storyline or like experience
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 202018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.