Director, HR Business Partner
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Director, HR Business Partner to advise and align business objectives with the delivery of HR services to business unit leaders and provide guidance to the HRBP teams on employee relations issues, performance management, company policies and procedures, and all other areas of human resources.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Leads the site HR teams for Golden Hippo’s locations across the US, with a focus on development, coaching and strengthening overall HR alignment.
- Seeks opportunities to standardize HR processes and practices across sites and businesses to drive HR operational efficiency and optimize HR service delivery.
- Provides coaching and consultation to business leadership.
- Serves as a point of the contact for all escalated HR related matters for Woodland Hills Headquarters location and for assigned business groups. Builds strong relationships with business leaders, management, and employees.
- Supports and manages HR initiatives, programs, and processes. Partners with business leadership to assess business needs and bring best solutions for equitable outcomes.
- Works closely with business leadership on performance feedback, including coaching, counseling, and terminations.
- Leverages the expertise of the HR Specialist Teams (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organizational Development) to design and implement initiatives.
- Manages complex and difficult employee relations issues and conflict resolution, partnering with legal and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to source and recruit talent for key leadership positions and to develop strategies for front-line roles.
- Partners with L&OD team on development and delivery strategy for performance management processes and succession planning.
- Conducts sensitive investigations and responds to complaints in collaboration with legal; makes recommendations for resolutions and documents findings.
- Analyzes and executes organization restructures, reorganizations, and reductions avoiding exposure.
- Stays well informed on a Federal/State/Local employment laws.
- All other duties as assigned
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or closely related field (or equivalent work experience) required, Master’s degree in HR or business preferred
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in an HR leadership role
- Minimum of 5 years management experience, including leading teams in multiple locations
- 5 + years’ experience providing HR support for non-exempt workforce, such as in a call center or warehouse environment
- 5 + years working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, change management, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Experience managing and resolving complex employee relations issues
- Experience in organizational design and restructures
- Ability to solve a wide range of complex, multi-disciplinary problems
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, prioritizing, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion) and planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation and reasoning).
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships, credibility, and trust with stakeholders, peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must act with the highest level of business and personal integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have sound judgment and the ability to make clear grounded decisions and recommendations.
- Should be a solid visionary with a broad and strategic perspective.
- Project Management and Change Management skills
- Solid Business Acumen and negotiation skills
- Solid Time Management and Priorities Management skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Knowledge of Federal/State Labor Laws
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo