Director, Global People Operations at Tala
The Tala People team co-creates an environment where teams unlock their infinite potential to accelerate Tala’s global impact. As we take our company to the next stage, we’re looking for a dynamic People Operations expert who holds in-depth experience and understanding of building and implementing scalable HR infrastructure and designing world-class processes that enable a robust employee experience. Ideal candidates will bring analytical rigor and strong business acumen along with an adaptive, caring, and collaborative leadership style, and a penchant for cross-cultural engagement.
The Director of Global People Operations will be a member of Tala’s People leadership team and will report directly to the Chief People Officer, and serve as a trusted thought partner to team leaders across the company and around the world. The Tala People team co-creates an environment where teams unlock their infinite potential to accelerate Tala’s global impact.
What You’ll Own:
As a combination of both strategic and tactical people operations and organizational effectiveness and development, this role will own the following areas end-to-end:
Global HR Operations:
- Annual Performance and Compensation processes in partnership with Tala’s senior people business partners (SPBPs)
- HR compliance globally (employee-facing policies, annual HR audits, mobility policy, global immigration policies and vendors)
- People analytics: full scope of HR Metrics and Organizational Health Key Performance Indicators
- Global People systems that include (but not restricted to) HRIS, Performance and Compensation, and Learning Management systems
- Global facilities management in partnership with SPBPs
Global Learning, Effectiveness, and Organization Development:
- Global Learning & Development: curriculum development for global scale, custom-tailored solutions for teams
- Global Employee Engagement survey, including robust analysis, communication planning, and consultation on Action Plans for teams
- Employee Development and Career Pathing: design and structure of process, including global execution
- Team Development and Effectiveness: Provide tools and resources for SPBPs and managers to support team health and performance
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Models checked ego, vulnerability, bravery, humility, empathy, and service/hosting oriented mindset
- Intellectual rigor and curiosity, able to effectively process and synthesize data
- Strong servant-leader and skilled coach with experience hiring and scaling teams
- Commitment to leveraging data to champion diversity and equity
- Strong cross-functional leadership and relationship building
- Effective communicator and collaborator; courage to grow and challenge team with candor
- Strategic, entrepreneurial thinking aligned to Tala’s mission and startup stage
- Organizational skills to plan, coordinate, prioritize, with startup flexibility
- 7+ years experience working within HR to help scale an organization or other relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal labor laws
- Strong business acumen; you understand how a business works and what levers you can pull as an HR professional
- Passionate advocate for employees, managers, and teams
- Creative and adaptive leader, project manager, and team member
- Skilled in communicating company messages to all audiences
- Savviness with people systems and business tools
- Skilled coach and facilitator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constant change.
- A belief in building a safe, inclusive, innovative & learning organization that consistently delivers the desired business outcomes
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.