Director, Employee Experience
Build a high-performing team. Our People Operations team achieves this mission by recruiting the right talent, equipping them with the right resources to make an impact, and growing our Titans into the right career paths that best match their individual talents and interests. We are united in our passion and desire to unlock the extraordinary potential of every single person in our organization: so that we may lose, learn, and win as a team. Every day is an opportunity for change; and for our People Operations team - it is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the employee lives we touch.
Director, Employee ExperienceServiceTitan’s Director, Employee Experience (Human Resources) reports to the VP of People and is an integral, highly-visible role to ensure the success of the ServiceTitan team. S/he develops and leads the Employee Experience department, setting standards for HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes standards and practices, empowerment, quality results, and ongoing development of a superior workforce. ServiceTitan’s Employee Experience Director leverages qualitative and quantitative data, industry best practices for HR, and a thorough knowledge of our business to develop a comprehensive HR strategy and lead the Employee Experience team in the following functional areas: employment and onboarding/offboarding; employee status management (leave of absence mgmt); total rewards: benefits, compensation, rewards/recognition, and equity planning and administration; employee policies and compliance; employee relations; performance management; global mobility; employee sentiment and retention; HR payroll policies; org design/implementation, and change management. Additionally, s/he is an effective partner to business leaders and works in strong collaboration with talent acquisition, learning and development, and operations to ensure a consistent and excellent employee experience at ServiceTitan.
What you’ll do
- Leads the Employee Experience department (HR) within PeopleOps - develops the vision, strategy, annual roadmapping, team structure, performance management, career development, recruiting and overall management for the Employee Experience team.
- Leads company-wide organizational development: performance management, succession planning, employee retention management, org design and implementation, and change management.
- Sets standard for and leads team to execute on employee onboarding and offboarding processes from offer letter generation and acceptance to I-9 verification and payroll/benefits set-up, to leaves of absence and terminations/exits; including global mobility management.
- Steward for employee policies and alignment with compliance practices.
- Keeps a pulse on culture and employee happiness through avenues as business partner meetings, company meetings, employee sentiment surveys, focus groups, one-on-one meetings and leverages this as an input into a comprehensive Employee Experience strategy.
- Leads efforts and practices for managing employee relations issues necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Develops strategy for and leads team to execute on a comprehensive Total Rewards strategy including: compensation, equity, benefits (incl wellness), and rewards and recognition. Monitors and continuously develops the company’s total rewards structure.
- Partners effectively with business stakeholders in Finance, Accounting, Sales, other People Operations departments to ensure collaboration, alignment, and execution of joint goals and strategies for a seamless employee experience.
- Serves as a critical business owner for defining configurations, workflows, features, rollout plans and access permissions for our HRIS system in partnership with Director of Shared Services (PeopleOps).
- Acts as a business partner to department heads and our Co-Founder and CEO to ensure effective identification, prevention, and solutioning of employee related challenges/problems in partnership with VP of People.
- Manages, mentors and develop a high performance Employee Experience team.
- Manages other strategic People Ops projects as assigned.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree in business or related field preferred.
- At least 8 plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification (or greater).
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, performance management, organization development, change management, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred. Experience in the design and administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Experience managing and leading HR teams.
- Experience managing HR programs and practices for executives.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Track record of scaling/growing a company in an ever changing environment, preferably in Tech.
- A strategic thinker who is also detail-oriented and data-driven. Excellent data analysis skills, proficient in Google Apps. Ability to track and report metrics in a easily understood and organized manner.
- Effective oral and written communication; including excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills. Ability to influence and manage down, up, and horizontally effectively.
- Excellent organizational and project / program management skills.
- Ability to work in high-paced, quickly changing environment and ability to prioritize effectively for biggest impact.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home service companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan’s end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home service industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, comprehensive reporting, Marketing management tools, mobile connectivity for field techs, and Quickbooks integration. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is here to champion the people in home services. ServiceTitan helps them provide a wonderful customer experience, improve sales and more easily manage their business.
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company for 2017
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2017
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List 2017