- Perform deep analysis to create effective and competitive compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives and future programs.
- Partner with venture leadership teams on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects as needed, specifically as it relates to new initiatives/business lines.
- Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay and stock compensation.
- Consult with business on job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation.
- Document processes and build compensation playbooks.
- Work with the business to develop variable incentive compensation programs for start-ups and Ventures, as needed.
- Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in compensation, or compensation consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices.
- General compensation knowledge required including compliance with the state and federal laws that apply to the plans.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will be well organized and confident to work independently but will be a strong team player.
- Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data. Ability to connect disparate data sources and operationalize tasks. Comfortable with large data sets.
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work.
- The ability to work independently, take on responsibility, and be nimble in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Highly proficient in Excel and Excel Macros
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.