HR Business Partner
We are seeking a talented and dynamic People Team Business Partner to join the People Partner team. Reporting to the Director, People Partner, this role will partner with the talent team, address employee relations, will focus on organizational development, performance management, training design and facilitation, provide input into policy and compensation administration. The People Team Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The People Team Business Partner serves as a consultant to management on human resources‐related issues. The successful People Team Business Partner will act as an employee champion and change agent. The People Team Business Partner assesses and anticipates HR‐related needs.
We are a global company with 500 employees and we have a very strong culture of drive, spark, transparency, evolving fast and direct access to executives.
The immediate focus of this role is people team business partner:
- building strong partnerships with our client facing organizational leaders and continue to evolve the company’s Talent team into strategic partners to all business areas
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in‐depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day‐to‐day management of employees. Provides day‐to‐day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, performance reviews, career development, and disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to drive employee engagement, improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Conducts exit interviews, using data to improve internal processes and programs
- Partners with managers, provides guidance and interpretation of policies and is an employee advocate.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning, and change management
- May assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Ability to create HR reports / metrics and take on ad hoc projects and responsibilities
The longer-term focus of this role is;
- working closely with our People Partner team on organizational design and headcount management
- work with our team on planning internal pipelines for succession planning
- become a trusted advisor or partner to client facing teams
Ideal fit for this position:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field / HR certification a plus
- 5+ years of relevant HR experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis and development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed, global and matrixed organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Demonstrated ability to think out-of-the-box and be a problem solver
- Smart, driven, savvy with a knack for creativity and a lot of energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups
- Displays strong leadership capabilities and business acumen – sees the big picture and operates with perspective
- Comfortable shifting from hands-on, urgent work to complex, strategic and long term work.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills; ability to establish metrics, analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations.
- Must be at an intermediate level with Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook
- Experience with ADP, Ultipro, WorkDay a plus
- Ability to travel (approx. 30-40%) domestically