VP of Finance
- Help build a business partner-oriented Finance and Accounting team; be the connective tissue between Accounting, Finance and operations broader business
- Continuously improve financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and accounting -- both process and technology, including keeping up with industry best practices.
- Provide effective leadership in the management organization of operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives and policies.
- Continuously evolve the month end process to improve speed, efficiency and accuracy
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve planning, reporting and day-to-day finance operations
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Benchmark Company performance against competition when available and identify business, financial trends, and variances to plan
- Minimum of ten years in sales with a successful track record of securing and closing major accounts with brokers in the transportation and logistics space
- Exceptional ability to make presentations to both executive and technical audiences; maintain cooperative effective working relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Management – MBA and/or discipline in Transportation/Logistics/Supply Chain is a plus
- Results oriented with a performance driven disposition
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, passion, ethics, confidence and commitment to an upstart team approach
- Able to travel to attend multiple trade shows and meetings with customers
- Manage and provide leadership to Finance, Accounting, and operations teams by nurturing and developing a team of talented individuals, allowing them to reach peak performance and meet their career growth aspirations.
- Lead the team in preparing monthly and quarterly reports including dashboards, KPIs and business trends to ensure that high quality and insightful materials are consistently published with best-in-class SLA’s.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of the organization as well as day-to-day leadership and management to all company operations functions.
- Develop and create strategies and policies aligned with organizational goals.
- Highly operational leader who can own the full spectrum of Finance responsibilities for a top-tier SaaS startup.
- Fluency in “SaaS” is required.
- Experience w/ companies that have gone through growth (ideally from $40M to $100M in ARR) and achieved profitable scale on a firm financial footing.
- Profile emphasizing FP&A (vs. Controller-type) with extensive transactional experience (prefer experience in both however).
- Track record with brand name employers on his/her resume establishing credibility with prospective investors and strategic partners.
- Make the complex look easy; must be a master of just the right amount of Process at the right time so as to enable growth without creating additional overhead.
- CFA/CPA and Big 4 public accounting experience is a big plus.
- Competitive Base Salary and Commission Plan
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process. NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.