VP, Accounting at GumGum
We are looking for a Vice President of Accounting who would be a key leader of GumGum’s corporate accounting and finance team, reporting directly to the CFO. You will be responsible for assuring accurate, timely and compliant financial reporting to both internal and external users while leading the management, development, interpretation and administration of all policies relating to accounting, treasury, internal control, taxation and overall financial reporting.
With your ability to impact key decisions and your passion for fostering strong business partner relationships, you will drive process improvements that are critical in scaling the organization. You will infuse this role with vision, planning and strategy that will propel you to excel and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Exhibiting a high attention to detail and strong analytical skills are vital. The vision for the Accounting team is to become a key strategic operating partner to the business focused on providing valuable insights to the broader operational teams to drive the business forward. As a business partner to the CFO, you will play an influential role in the development and execution of various business strategies.
- Departmental Oversight - Lead and develop the Accounting team with direct oversight for Accounting Operations (GL, AR, AP, and Consolidations), International Accounting, Revenue Recognition, and Treasury Management
- Closing the Books - Ensure a timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements; responsible for business licenses, registration, and tax compliance
- Thought Leadership - Manage M&A integration, tax reporting and planning, audit planning and execution, and provide overall thought leadership to team around process improvement and controls
- Technical Accounting - Stays current with all updated changes in GAAP, and researches and recommends approaches to CFO regarding complex accounting issues and transactions; serve as the company expert on accounting and tax matters, partner with other departments on structuring policies, and advise on accounting and tax implications
- Internal Controls - Manage financial reporting in partnership with FP&A, continuous improvement of global accounting policies and procedures, standardization of accounting practices, and compliance with GAAP as well as statutory requirements (local and international); develop plans and make sure company internal controls are properly designed and operating effectively
- Audit and Compliance Management - Lead the annual financial audit and other engagements requiring independent, third-party reviews as well as maintain and manage relationships with local and international audit and tax firms; manage all tax compliance and planning matters through local 3rd party accounting firm
- Financial Statements - Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; provide input in the preparation of financial plans and operating budgets
- Financial Systems - Responsibility for the financial system including all financial applications; maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting by partnering internally to leverage technology to improve efficiency
- Tax and Transfer Pricing - Oversee external relationships and manage companies’ domestic & global tax optimization strategies
- Other - Own 409(a) valuations, audit committee meetings and cap table & option ledger management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required
- 10+ years experience leading a mid-market global level accounting department with strong foundational knowledge of accounting and revenue recognition in a Transactional and SaaS technology company
- Experience building and leading a world-class accounting team and infrastructure in a highly entrepreneurial, rapidly growing global business environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP & IFRS, current accounting trends, and developments
- International experience, including dealing with multiple currencies
- Ability to design and implement processes that are SOX compliant and scalable
- Strong customer orientation and ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Proven success leading through change and developing high-performing teams
- Strong experience using and implementing current financial management applications such as NetSuite, Tipalti, Adaptive, SaaSOptics among other OtoC, PtoP and RtoR processes
- Experience interacting with all levels of an organization
- Public company and external financial reporting experience highly desirable
- SEC reporting experience a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.