FabFitFun is at the intersection of content, commerce and community. We inspire over one million women to lead happier, healthier lives through product and brand discovery and continuously find innovative ways to offer our members value beyond the box. To achieve this, we are building a talented team of collaborative individuals with strategic minds and entrepreneurial identities.
We are looking for a proactive VP, Accounting, with exceptional attention to detail and proven leadership capabilities to join our growing Accounting team! Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented, enjoys working cross-functionally, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As the VP, Accounting, you’ll be an integral member of the leadership team and will be responsible for scaling the Accounting department as FabFitFun continues to reach to new heights. You will oversee all facets of accounting operations, including the monthly close cycle, internal and external financial reporting, internal controls and policy development. We are looking for a leader who is ready to guide and develop the Accounting team in order to improve internal processes that are critical for a more efficient workflow.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of accounting professionals that support an aggressively growing business as well as performance of daily operational cadence towards meeting business goals and objectives
- Manage all aspects of general accounting operations, tax reporting, financial reporting, and compliance functions as well as internal and external financial, SEC reporting, and audit matters, accounting management and oversight, equity, cash management and corporate tax matters
- Oversee the timely preparation and completion of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements, including those for regulatory compliances and requirements
- Develop and lead the implementation of new financial systems, processes and controls
- Work closely with the Finance team to build strategy and contribute expertise in budgeting and forecasting processes
- Partner with senior management to implement continual review, testing and improvement of financial systems, internal controls, policies and procedures related to the organization’s operations, accounting function for conformance to accounting standards and applicable regulations
- Build and foster strong cross-functional relationships across the business to drive performance aiding the Company in understanding how all the pieces fit together
- Executive-level accounting strategy with proven success in scaling a consumer business
- At least 15 years of progressive Accounting/Finance experience in a Public or Corporate Accounting environment
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, including revenue recognition and cost accounting
- CPA required
- Prior Big 4 public accounting experience
- Full life cycle of management of IPO and or company exit preferred
- Previous experience implementing new systems, processes, and control environments
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field, Master’s degree preferred