Vice President of Finance at Grindr
Lead the finance function and direct the finance team as the organization prepares for its IPO. This role works closely with the rest of the Executive Team, Board of Directors and outside consultants. The top priority will be to ensure the organization is ready and on track for its IPO. Also responsible for all FP&A activity.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting and ensuring the financial statements are in accordance with GAAP and SEC rules.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies, procedures and controls and ensuring they are up to date and being followed throughout the company and that records are maintained in accordance with GAAP and SEC rules.
- Analyzing company’s financial and operating results with respect to key metrics, profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to the management and the board.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning a results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Supervising and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions and potential investors.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Building up the Finance team as the company grows.
- Communicating with the board on a timely basis.
- Leading the company’s IPO process and merger & acquisition transactions, including completing the due diligence required by the underwriters and potential investors.
- Supervising the group reporting and consolidation function to the Chinese parent company which is a public company in China, which are in accordance with China GAAP
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance + 12 years experience in Financial Accounting role
- Prior IPO experience
- CPA with knowledge of GAAP, SOX, current trends and developments
- Prior Big 4 public accounting experience and/or experience working in public companies.
- Outstanding strategic vision, team building, development, and management.
- SEC reporting experience
- Merger & Acquisition transaction support experience, including financial & tax due diligence, valuation and transaction financing structure design.
- Knowledge of China GAAP and experience is required for group reporting purpose.
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.