Vice President - Accounting at System1
The Role You Will Have
- Manages M&A execution and integration, tax reporting and planning, audit planning and execution, and provide overall thought leadership to team around process improvement and controls.
- Manages and continuously improves financial reporting and related systems and processes to support the company’s rapid and continued growth. Stays current with all updated changes in GAAP, and researches and recommends approaches to CFO regarding complex accounting issues and transactions.
- Monitors annual tax, accounting, registration renewal, and other requirements for all entities. Takes lead in the accounting and tax due diligence on all M&A transactions.
- Coordinates annual audit and periodic bank audit, manages all activity from planning to issuance of final report.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and implement non-technical enhancements, e.g., report control and automation, workflow control and visibility
- Provide input and guidance to an ERP system upgrade (moving from Quickbooks)
- Oversees tax accounting, tax compliance and the filing of tax returns in all jurisdictions.
- Oversees all Purchase Accounting transactions for M&A activity, confirms that all Goodwill, Intangibles and related amortization is booked properly and timely. Supports acquisition integration.
What You Will Bring
- Success factors/job competencies:
- Achievement Focus – sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, recognizes and acts on opportunities, measures self against standards of excellence, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Job Knowledge – is competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits the ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays an understanding of how the job relates to others, and uses resources effectively
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays a commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Planning and Organization – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives, and works in an organized manner
- Qualifications required:
- CPA license
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of financial management experience in a high growth company (revenues > 300MM)
- Public accounting experience
- Accounting controls setup and process improvement experience
- Strong technical accounting skills, including transaction oversight and purchase accounting; technical ability to implement new GAAP rules, such as revenue recognition and lease accounting.
- Qualifications desired:
- Extensive M&A accounting experience
- Tax experience
What We Have To Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Competitive Relocation Package
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.