Tax Manager at TeleSign
Telesign is seeking a Corporate Tax Manager for its Accounting team. As a member of our Accounting team, you will join a team of bright, fast-paced professionals. You’ll work in a cutting-edge cloud environment that will power our company’s impressive growth. We are smart, innovative, ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
The Corporate Tax Manager will report to our Controller and will take ownership of various responsibilities within the Tax function with respect to tax compliance and research. The position will also have exposure to financial accounting responsibilities, including working with various databases to extract reports necessary for the preparation of tax work papers, filings, etc.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the preparation of Federal/state income tax returns and quarterly worldwide consolidated income tax provision
- Oversee the US sales and use tax compliance
- Review and manage U.S. federal and state income tax extensions and returns, and quarterly worldwide tax provision prepared by external tax service providers
- Manage the tax calendar and ensure all tax returns, extensions, and payments are filed in a timely manner
- Perform research on varied federal, state, and international tax topics and analyze the impact to the company as it continues to grow and expand product offerings
- Manage third party tax vendors in the preparation of tax filings
- Assist in M&A due diligence and integration activities related to direct and indirect tax
- Respond to tax notices and provide support with agency examinations
- Perform nexus studies and manage the registration process
- Prepare monthly indirect and direct tax related journal entries and reconciliations
- Maintain an effective internal control environment to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards and SOX regulations
What We're Looking For
- 5 years of relevant experience with Big 4 (or equivalent) and/or large corporate tax department of a multi-national company, with solid experience preparing and reviewing U.S. income tax provisions, including SEC reporting, and statutory reporting requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field required.
- CPA license required.
- Experience in Corporate income tax and ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes skills
- Prior international tax experience a plus, but not required
- Solid quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail and intellectual curiosity
- Capable of working in a deadline-driven environment while overseeing multiple tax projects simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with ability to think outside the box
- Ability to perform independently with minimal oversight
- Undertake a variety of assignments which have clear and specific objectives, requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed, e.g. – coordinating and providing financial and operating information for compilation of tax returns
- Coordinate and complete various tax returns by required deadlines
- Provide financial accounting staff with technical tax advice and assistance in tax matters as necessary
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.