At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
GoodRx is seeking a smart and effective Tax Manager to join our finance team. The candidate will report to the Tax Director and will work closely with finance, legal, and operations to manage a variety of tax projects.
- Manage tax calendar to ensure compliance for all federal, state, and local filing obligations
- Prepare supporting workpapers for income tax filings prepared by our external tax advisors
- Review federal and state income tax returns, extension requests, and estimated tax payments.
- Prepare supporting workpapers for the Company’s ASC 740 tax provision calculations.
- Maintain accurate tax account rollforwards and manage compliance with and reporting of ASC 740-10
- Prepare various indirect tax filings including property, sales, and gross receipts taxes
- Manage tax controversy activities. Review and respond to tax notices as received
- Identify areas of efficiency and improvement within tax. Work with Company’s personnel to develop processes and improvements as needed
- Keep up-to-date on latest trends and changes to tax legislation to immediately assess impacts to tax provision, compliance, and planning efforts
- Identify and implement strategies for tax savings opportunities and risk minimization
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 years’ of experience working in a tax accounting role
- Experience working in Big 4 public accounting firm, corporate tax department, or combination thereof
- Direct experience with ASC 740
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and Tax Code
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA and Master’s in Taxation (both preferred)
- Proven ability to communicate with management and functional teams
- Ability to take a “hands-on” approach to problem solving and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Self-starter with willingness to take ownership and drive tasks to completion
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description