Who You Are:
The Tax Director will primarily focus on meeting Fair´s tax compliance and reporting needs. You’re comfortable working with the accounting and finance team to timely and accurately perform various tasks related to tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The ideal candidate will have a forward-thinking approach to working with business stakeholders, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third-party service providers.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for timely and compliant multi-state sales/use, property tax and other indirect tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Oversight of timely and optimized federal and state income tax returns including providing all related analysis and support.
- Coordinate with service providers for preparation and delivery of outsourced tax returns
- Oversight of tax provisions under accounting for income taxes.
- Responsible for resolving tax notices and audits by federal, state and local tax authorities.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accrual, collection, remittance, refunds, accounting and filings for indirect and direct tax purposes.
- Liaison with IT staff and outside servicers on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Assisting the CFO with tax planning issues as required.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- JD and/or CPA preferred.
- Five years of related experience with at least 3 years of experience with an auto leasing company.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- International tax experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented, efficient and organized
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and manage to multiple individuals in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and propose solutions to complex tax issues
- Ability to multi-task and work in tight frames and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel at an advanced level
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external vendors to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results – be a team player