BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
We’re looking for a versatile, analytical finance professional to join our team as a Strategic Finance Analyst to run high-volume data analysis and provide insights and advice for our long-term growth. You will work closely with our finance and accounting team to dive deep into our financial data. Your curiosity and attention to detail will allow you to formulate insights and recommendations and present them to our C-Suite executives in order to drive growth and plan for the future. We’re looking for a highly motivated, highly technical, detail oriented team player who can work well in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do here:
- Collaborate across numerous Boulevard functional teams to analyze and pressure test the long-term drivers of the business across various company-wide business lines
- Build financial models related to various long-term business outcomes for Boulevard and provide insights/advice based on the data
- Conduct financial analysis for and assist in highly visible strategic projects
- Prepare and present materials to the Leadership Team
- Collaborate with other teams within FP&A on improving financial planning practices
- Support our daily, weekly, and monthly financial deliverables including financial reporting and performance measurements
- Actively monitor and analyze our financial performance and report insights and recommendations to the team and upper management
- Translate high-level business problems into actionable recommendations
- Build and maintain financial models related to various long-term business outcomes for Boulevard
- Run high-volume data analysis and assist in highly visible strategic projects
- Collaborate across technical and business teams to create reports and figure out which key performance indicators we should be measuring
- Pin-point and hypothesize sources of concern, (financial anomalies, negative performance, stunted growth, etc.) communicate findings, and suggest possible solutions - all while backing it up with data
- Education: A quantitatively focused education (minimum BS in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience: 3-7 years of relevant work experience in one of the following industries: investment banking, private equity, consulting or software-as-a-service (SaaS).
- Building Models: Very strong modeling skills and familiarity with financial statements. Your models should be efficient and intuitive
- Technical Languages: Excellent Excel skill is required. SQL skill is highly desired but not mandatory
- Strong Communicator: Highly effective communicator and influencer (written, verbal and interpersonal skills). The ability to present thoughtful input to ongoing debates and discussions.
- Analytical: Impressive problem-solving, critical thinking skills, business acumen within the SaaS industry
- Interpersonal: Has a knack for building effective cross-functional relationships
- BONUS POINTS for prior experience at a tech start-up
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the data and finance teams and with key stakeholders across the company
- Meet with each member of the Leadership team to better understand their role in the company
Within 2 months you’ll…
- Begin to assess the most critical areas in need of deeper strategic analysis
- Work with FP&A to develop models for evaluating specific areas of the business
- Coordinate with Boulevard’s data team to ensure access to the correct and most timely sources of data
After 3 months you’ll...
- Begin to deliver operational recommendations based on initial analyses in specific functional areas
- Finalize a standardized model for evaluating payback and ROI of specific initiativesMake recommendations for potential new key performance indicators
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Read Full Job Description