Staff Accountant at MeUndies
MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than seventeen million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
We’re looking for an exceptional Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. As our Staff Accountant, you’ll be an important member of our accounting team, working closely with cross-functional teams to support growth and further build upon our internal accounting operations and polices.What You’ll Do
- Perform accounts payable processing ensuring proper expense coding and remitting timely payments to vendors including annual 1099 filings
- Perform daily operations of general ledger, maintain account reconciliation details for A/R, A/P, inventory, cost of goods sold and various balance sheet accounts
- Perform account reconciliation of undeposited funds
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation
- Prepare and file various state sales/use tax filings
- Prepare royalty licensing agreement reports
- Assist with corporate credit card account reconciliation and expense report submission
- Assist with monthly financial close process, ensuring timely and accurate financial statements in compliance with GAAP
- Assist with annual year-end audit process with external auditors
- Compile and analyze large data for end user
- Maintain financial policies, procedures and internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years progressive accounting work experience
- NetSuite ERP experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- General knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills and are detail-oriented
- A strong work ethic and a high sense of urgency
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.