Staff Accountant at PatientPop
At PatientPop, we believe healthcare providers should focus their attention on delivering quality care to patients. That's why we devised a solution that allows providers to build a thriving practice, without being tied down by the burdens of business growth.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment one of the best, according to Great Place to Work.
Our dedicated team brings a blend of experiences that drives innovation and customer success. Our development-focused culture allows employees to thrive personally and professionally. And our bustling (dog-friendly!) offices are in an enviable location: just two blocks from the beach and around the corner from 3rd Street Promenade.
Now, we want you to be a part of it all.
This is a fully remote positionHow will you contribute:
As a Staff Accountant, you will assist in the day-to-day ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process, including but not limited to owning the payable process, expense reimbursements, bank reconciliations, etc. You will perform reconciliations for various accounts such as cash, fixed assets, pre-paids, accruals, while maintaining and balancing the general ledger in an accurate and complete manner. This role will also perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding and processing payments. This role will report into the Assistant Controller. Your sense of urgency and get it done attitude will drive the accounting department to the next level as we scale.Skill you’ll bring:
- Own all day to day transactional GL activity for the monthly financial close in a timely and accurate manner, including preparing reconciliations of cash, pre-paids, fixed assets, accounts payable and variance analysis.
- Degree in Accounting
- 1-3- years of relevant accounting experience required
- Accurately process all payable invoices, obtaining necessary approvals and document backup; process check runs as needed
- Manage/reconcile employee expense processing-Concur experience preferred
- A proactive, self-directed, problem solving approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, while being extremely detailed with a high sense of urgency
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel
- Start-up/SaaS experience a plus
- Assist with other ad hoc tasks and projects as needed
- CPA/Candidate a plus
- Big 4/public accounting experience a plus
- Ability to process large volumes of invoices and billing adjustments
As a Staff Accountant, you will be an integral part of the accounting team by assisting in our financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP. You will own our day to day accounting to ensure we have accurate and complete data for our month end close.In 90 days you will:
You will hit the ground running by learning, owning our transactional accounts such as bank reconciliations, accounts payable, employee expense reimbursements, pre-paids and fixed assets. Your sense of urgency, attention to organization/details and ability to see the big picture will allow you to assist in helping to scale the department quickly for best practices and timely reporting. You will work closely with the Assistant Controller to evaluate opportunities for scale and growth, IPO Readiness and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation.
PatientPop has one simple mission: to help healthcare practices thrive. We do this by giving providers everything they need attract and recall patients to continuously grow their practices.
Our solution is the first complete cloud-based platform that's HIPAA-compliant and proven to accelerate new patient acquisition, while also eliminating the need for dedicated marketing resources. With PatientPop, providers can attract more patients, manage online reputation, modernize the patient experience, and automate the front office all without sacrificing quality patient care. Learn more at patientpop.com
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.