Staff Accountant at FIGS
FIGS is looking for a Staff Accountant to collaborate with the Accounting Managers on our day-to-day responsibilities, month-end financial close, financial reporting, external audits, and other Finance and Accounting functions and processes. We are looking for someone who can thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, startup environment. The ideal candidate is a successful, curious, and proactive Accountant who wants to continue building their accounting career. The role will report directly to FIGS’ Manager of Accounting.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation as part of the monthly financial close process
- Gain experience in full cycle accounting: revenue recognition, treasury, inventory, COGS, and expense accruals
- Prepare general ledger, credit card and bank account reconciliations, and schedules to assist in the annual financial statement audit
- Organize and analyze the accuracy of the reports and data that are used for month end closing.
- Confirm cash transactions of specific orders as requested by Customer experience.
- Support B2B sales team by confirming payments from customers.
- Manage cash transactions such as bank transfers and deposits.
- Assist with new accounting process, flow, system, and software implementations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or relevant field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (public accounting or e-commerce company experience is a plus)
- Proficient in Excel, Word and ERP systems (NetSuite experience is a plus)
- Ability to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Customer service-oriented person who focuses on quality communication and attention to detail
- Forward-looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
- Confidentiality, diplomacy, reliability, and flexibility are requirements for success in this role
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
- Team player with an egoless nature
A little bit about us…
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Core Collection fabric is antimicrobial, wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellant, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.