Genexa is a disruptive over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceutical brand available in 40,000+ retailers that develops safer, cleaner OTC medicines. Our mission is to create healthier medicines by removing the unhealthy ingredients commonly found in over-the-counter drugs.
As the Staff Accountant within this fast-growing company, we’re looking for the right balance of Financial acumen and attention to detail. The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance team in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Perform financial transaction inputs/general ledger duties, most critically focused on Revenue/Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Assist with month- & quarter-end close activities (and help implement best practices), including preparing and posting journal entries for accruals, estimates, etc.
- Help create & implement financial controls & SOP’s around all functions of the business
- Proactively researching & solve scenarios related to invoice payment credits, discrepancies, etc. specifically around retailer/customer chargebacks, returns, etc.
- Input credit card expenses to the correct G/L categories, ensure timely payment of statements bills & reconcile accounts in the books after statement endings
- Receive and apply checks received, prepare weekly deposits to the bank and at month-end, reconcile deposits (and others) to the bank statements to financials
- Help provide documentation and perform any other support activities necessary for external auditors
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 2+ years of experience
- Associate degree in accounting preferred or equivalent number of years of experience
- NetSuite experience is a major plus
- CPG experience a plus
- Must display sophisticated writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Discretionary PTO Policy
- Strong medical, dental and vision plans
- Casual dress environment
- Mission-driven culture
- Opportunity to invest in company growth
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.