Staff Accountant at Inspire
Inspire is seeking a Staff Accountant who is ambitious and motivated to join a fast growing and dynamic company. The Staff Accountant will assist with performing daily operational accounting functions, including commissions calculations and reporting and support month-end close activities. We are looking for an individual who likes to work in a high performance culture, is passionate about startups and thrives in a fast changing environment. We need a self-starter who possesses the highest degree of integrity and accountability in order to optimize our financial performance.
THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT HAS SEVEN MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with sales partner and internal commissions calculations and reporting.
- Post cash receipts and reconcile cash on a daily basis including timely completion of bank reconciliations.
- Assist with booking and reconciling prepaid expenses.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close entries including preparing account reconciliations.
- Log and reconcile commodity trade agreements.
- Support/Back up Accounts Payable and expense reimbursement processes.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects, including supporting annual external audit.
SOME EXPECTED 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Independently manage commissions calculations within 3 weeks of joining
- Weekly bank reconciliations to be completed by day 1 of month end close
- T&E (Expensify) policy and reimbursements process familiarity within 60 days of joining
- Timeliness and accuracy of accounting
- Willingness to learn
- Solution oriented
- Attention to detail
- Must Have
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or 3+ years of experience in Accounting
- Experience with MS Excel (lookups, pivot tables, sumifs)
- Nice to Have
- Experience with NetSuite and Expensify
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected movement towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!