Cie Digital Labs is a venture studio for large enterprises and emerging start-up companies. We’re looking for a powerhouse Staff Accountant to work closely with our accounting team on multiple projects across both sides of our business. This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and grow your accounting chops in a fast-paced, creative workplace.
If you are a creative problem solver, organized, self-motivated, and have an exceptional level of attention-to-detail…then WE WANT YOU! ️
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH IN A YEAR:
- ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER - You will work on a wide range of complex projects that will skyrocket your experience in comparison to your peers
- HAVE AN IMPACT - You will get to develop the accounting and finance processes to accelerate the growth and fulfill the business needs of an expanding start-up
- HAVE A BIG SAY - Be part of a team that encourages fresh ideas and work in a collaborative environment where you are constantly learning but also teaching
WHAT YOU’LL DO TO GET THERE:
- Drive month-end close processes for start-ups and assist in corporate processes
- Support the invoicing and A/R collections and provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Own accounts payable activities to ensure the accuracy of entries and timeliness of paying our vendors
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast reports and provide variance analysis
- Ensure credit card transactions are documented and entered accurately in the accounting system
- Assist with bank and credit card reconciliations and preparing and analyzing departmental budgets
- Perform monthly account reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Assist in the preparation of management reporting and analysis reports
- Assist in the development and monitoring of complete and up to date operating procedures for all accounting and financial controls
- Support accounting team and ensure backup documentation is properly filed and organized
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Support executive management team in ad-hoc projects in conjunction with senior accounting and finance staff
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external demand
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and GAAP principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially excel
- Proficient with 10-key typing
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and effective decision-making skills
- Trustworthy and able to maintain discretion and privacy
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and delegate tasks
What we're up to
- Coverage on our partnership with Wavemaker Partners
- Forbes Article: “How One Company Is Leading The Way In Corporate Innovation”
- BuiltInLA Article: “Looking ahead: The trends LA tech companies are watching in 2019″
- #21 in BuiltInLA’s “100 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN LOS ANGELES 2019"
what we offer:
At Cie, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open workspace offers stocked fridges, snacks and is in a building with a gym for employees, free parking, and game room!
Read Full Job Description