Staff Accountant at The Black Tux
| Santa Monica
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:40 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, October 9, 2019
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online or in one of our showrooms, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
As a Staff Accountant on the Finance team you will support the day to day accounting function, prepare account reconciliations and journal entries for month end close, track all movements in inventory accounts, assist with actual vs. plan variance analysis, and assist with compliance reporting. This position will report to the Controller and will also work closely with the Sr. Accountant and AP Specialist. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, solving interesting problems and yet still maintain a great work/life balance.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare month end close account reconciliations and journal entries relating but not limited to inventory, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, settlement receivables, deferred rent, asset and liability deposit accounts, revenue, and operating expenses
- Assist with monthly operations actual vs. plan variance analysis and related accrual journal entries
- Monitor and track all movement in inventory accounts including preparing monthly inventory reconciliations, prepare month end inventory accruals, and work closely with Supply Chain and AP to process inventory payments (three-way match)
- Perform ad-hoc reconciliations and analysis related to customer sales, sales tax, expense variance analysis, etc.
- Reconcile and review monthly corporate card and employee reimbursable expenses
- Prepare compliance forms related property tax, sales tax, business licenses, franchise taxes, etc.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and documentation of new process workflows related to inventory, accounts payable, and internal controls
- Assist with gathering and/or preparing schedules for third party requests relating to financial statement audits, sales tax audits, etc
- Other duties and projects to support the Finance team
Who You Are
- 1-2+ years of general accounting and/or public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Well organized, detailed oriented, open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter and team player, you work well independently and know how to prioritize tasks, you also work well in a team setting
- Worked in a startup environment, preferred but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, excel specifically
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, preferred but not required
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- Exciting startup environment
- Weekly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Paid parking
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Open vacation time
- Stocked kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly team outings
- Free suit and tuxedo rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Read Full Job Description