Staff Accountant at Tala
Tala’s mission is to improve the financial lives of millions of people in developing markets by creating new, accessible financial services to allow for stronger financial access, choice, and control for our customers. We are quickly growing within our markets, and we are looking for a hands-on and highly motivated Staff Accountant to join us.
- Assist with all aspects of Tala’s US accounting function - including, but is not limited to: the company's consolidated financial statements, general ledger, portfolio accounting, accounts payable, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses or projects.
- Assist in building and maintaining adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for handling incoming invoices, obtaining necessary approvals, and facilitating payments to vendors.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management, and expense policies.
- Ad Hoc projects as they arise, we are a start-up after all!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Experience in the accounting or finance sector, either in a FT role or internships.
- Strong accounting knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP.
- A proactive person who can multitask, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional work ethic and integrity.
- Experience with Netsuite and/or SQL
- CPA or CPA candidate, or equivalent.
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience working in consumer finance
- Experience working with US GAAP / IFRS reporting
- Ability to manage time around prioritized tasks, organize open items, and maintain open communication
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Mexico City, and Bangalore.