What you’ll do:
StackCommerce is looking for an Accountant who can ensure that our accounting data is accurate, timely, and consistent with best practice financial and operational procedures. This role will ensure efficient and accurate payables processes and AP workflow. Additionally, the Accountant is charged with analysis of corporate spend, and expense management. Because of the unique value this position provides the business, this role has an enormous growth potential for aspiring finance and accounting professionals. We are looking for someone who is excited to button up loose ends and facilitate scalability at a high-growth company. The role will provide great exposure to key decision makers and report directly to the VP of Finance.
- Initiate payment of all operating invoices and accounts payable
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast for the Controller, VP of Finance and Founder and CEO and monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage accounts receivable including invoice preparation and submission, and follow up of any outstanding balances
- Assist with month-end close activities including, but not limited to, preparing journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, follow up on reconciling items, and analyzing variances
- Perform weekly reviews of all bank account balances and create transfers as needed to keep all accounts at target balance levels
- Own credit cards reconciliations, including coding all credit card transactions appropriately, collecting invoices/supporting documentation and attaching to all expenses in Quickbooks, and payment of outstanding balances
- Be willing to learn different areas of the Accounting function in order to serve as a backup for the Controller as needed
- Assist in development and implementation of new policies & procedures and implementing internal control processes
- Degree in Finance or Accounting-related field
- Exposure to standard accounting platforms or ERPs (e.g. Netsuite, Quickbooks, SAP)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel including vlookups and pivot tables
- Ideally experienced in supplier payment / AP automation
- Ideally experienced in expense management platforms (e.g. Concur, Expensify)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses outstanding follow through skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to jump in, think critically and push to make a meaningful impact on the Finance and Accounting team, working closely with the Controller and the VP of Finance
- Ability to proactively identify, resolve and communicate issues
- Willingness to be challenged and grow in the role
Benefits + Perks:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.