Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us. In fact, please come help us hire amazingly talented and wonderful people so that we can realize this vision together.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
The Staff Accountant will be detail-oriented, organized, and effective at managing their time. They will be comfortable working both autonomously and within a team to meet and exceed company goals. As Staff Accountant, you’ll be uniquely positioned to help develop the accounting infrastructure of a rapidly growing company.
You likely have:
- 2+ years of accounting or finance related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using NetSuite, PBCS, or other similar accounting and budgeting systems
What you will do:
- Complete journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Maintain documentation for accounts payable
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Work closely with operations teams as locations expand
- Assist Controller as needed