Staff Accountant - Cash
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Staff Accountant - Cash grows with us.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Sr. Accounting Manager
A typical day as Staff Accountant - Cash might include:
- Record transactions related to cash such as deposits, fund transfers, cash related activity etc. Timely administration and constant monitoring of cash management system. Work closely with Accounts Payable team in order to cross check payables against withdrawals from bank accounts.
- Participate in month-end close processes, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations of accounts. Set up accrual analysis files as assigned.
- Analyze large volumes of data by developing Excel spreadsheet reports to track items. Ability to analyze financial information and summarize financial status. Communicate discrepancies and variances to appropriate teams in order to make adjustments.
- Work closely with Oracle team to research and investigate reconciliation issues as data moves between systems. Troubleshoot data feeds and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and related systems. Assist implementation efforts as required.
- Assist external auditors by providing support and ensuring all information is delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of accounting processes for Sarbanes-Oxley purposes. Assist SOX internal control reviews.
What You Have:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance (CPA candidate a plus).
- Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years of progressive work experience. Accounting and financial analysis experience preferable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to research discrepancies and solve problems.
- Skilled in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Aptitude for data mining and manipulation, utilizing multiple data sources to create basic and advanced reports.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with business partners.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel is required. Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Strong team player who works well in a in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at our ice cream socials, Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.